8.20.2009

Beach Time!!

Wednesday, August 12th

We left Madrid to head to the east coast of Spain where our two of our friends (Gloria and Koke) have beach houses. We arrived in the beautiful resort town of Javea, where we spent the next few days relaxing on the beach.

Gloria and me in one of the many Mediterranean coves we went to.


The view from Gloria's house...a pretty nice place to spend a few days :)


Gloria's precious nephew Jorge who spent a few days with us.


Koke, Gloria, Jordan and me getting ready to go out and dance until 8 in the morning.


The great group of girls that I hung out with every day and night.

I have finally become used to the Spanish schedule which is dramatically different from what I am used to in the U.S. You eat breakfast whenever you wake up and then lunch is around 3 or 3:30 and dinner is around 10:30. And that is the same regardless of whether you are eating with a family or just younger people. It took my stomach some time to adjust but finally I have gotten used to it. Going out at night is also very different. I am used to living in a place where bars and clubs close at 2:00 a.m. so you therefore go out around 10:00p.m. Well in Spain you finish eating dinner at midnight, go to a friends house to hang out and socialize with a group until 3 a.m. or so and then go to a club or whatever you final destination is around 4:00 a.m., where you stay until 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning. I initially had trouble staying up all night but have finally become a bit more "Spanish". The good thing about coming home at that time is the opportunity to see the sunrise over the Mediterranean which I would probably never wake up to see otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment